Monday, February 8, 2010

Craig Randall


Craig Randall's "Apache Strikes a Hind; the Hunter Becomes the Hunted," is something that caught my eye. There is a lot of energy to this piece. The fact that it captures an act of war gives this piece a different spin of emotions that one would feel when they see this. He has a whole collection of aviation art, but this is the only one that has action to it. One can see that in war things can change very fast and you can become the hunted in a matter of seconds. The detail of the helicopter itself shows that he wanted that to be the focal point. The background is very subtle and filled with earth tones that make the actions of the helicopters themselves pop. The detail in the landscape is not as tight and refined as in the helicopters as well. This gives a great weight to the helicopters. This picture also catches my eye because I am a big fan of planes and helicopters. I like to go to air shows and I have been in several helicopter rides. Hopefully I will never be in a situation that this lithograph depicts, but I find it very interesting ans well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment